Search for a school in your area to further your education and expertise.
Search our job profile database to find the career of your dreams.
Search our database of over 15,000 job postings.
|Job Title:|| |
Electrical Engineer 1/Technical Specialist 1
|Job Ref:|| |
|Job Type:|| |
|Region | Metro Area:|| |
|Address:||Contact Name:|| |
Woodard & Curran
|Post Date:|| |
Woodard & Curran is a 650-person, integrated engineering, science, and operations company. Privately held and steadily growing, we serve public and private clients nationwide. We consistently rank among the top firms in the U.S., including Engineering News-Record's top 100 environmental firms and top 200 design firms. Woodard & Curran was founded with a simple business concept: if we provide an enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, we will attract talented people who thrive and excel at their work. Responsibilities: The successful candidate will work on electrical distribution, motor control and lighting projects for our water, wastewater, energy and food and beverage clients on a regional and national basis. Candidate will interface with clients to understand their power distribution, lighting and motor control requirements for municipal, utility and industrial facilities. Candidate will prepare and coordinate engineering reports, studies, calculations and drawings. Candidate will also perform construction phase services such as shop drawing review and contractor oversight. The successful individual needs the energy to do whatever it takes to deliver electrical design solutions consistent with process, mechanical and control system requirements. Supervision will be provided by experienced professional electrical engineers and designers. The applicant must be flexible for 20% - 30% travel in the New England area and nation wide. Qualifications: • BS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology or minimum 1 year applicable experience in lieu of degree.
• 0-1 year experience in an industrial or electrical environment, either as an intern, engineer or consultant.
• Passed or planning to take the FE/EIT exam.
• Coursework, design projects, or work experience related to electrical power design. Instrumentation and control design experience a plus.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good team player.
• Good writing skills.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
• "Can do" positive attitude.
• Successful candidate must be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, and analysis programs.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD.
Applicants may apply online at www.woodardcurran.com/hr or fax their resume to 888-761-0944.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
To apply for this job you need a free candidate account, click here for info.