|Job Title: || |
Certified Home Health Aide
|Job Ref: || |
|Employer: || ||Category: || |
Health and Human Services
Health and Nursing
|Job Type: || |
|Region | Metro Area: || |
New Jersey - Other Locations
|City: || |
Cape May, NJ
|Post Code: || |
|Address: || |
|Salary: || |
$13 per hour plus mileage reimbursement
|Contact Name: || |
|Contact Phone: || |
|Fax: || |
|Post Date: || |
Company Name: Care Alternatives Hospice (www.carealt.com)
Location: Cape May County
At Care Alternatives we believe that Hospice is for the life we live, and that life should be lived -- from its beginning to its end -- fully and with great dignity. We follow an individualized holistic approach to Hospice incorporating the Mind, Body, & Soul; done through four different levels of care including Routine, Respite, Inpatient, & Continuous Care.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a State Certified CHHA license
- Must have a valid driver's license and a reliable source of transportation
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be able to work weekends
- No experience required, but preferred
- Must be able to complete a Physical Exam, Drug Screen, and Mantoux (TB) Test
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and satisfactory reference check
The Certified Home Health Aide will be responsible for:
1) Provides or assists in ADL activities; personal hygiene, grooming, mouth, skin care and nails.
2) Provides assistance in toileting; positioning and transfer activities, frequent turning and positioning of a bed bound resident/patient.
3) Assists with the prescribed exercise and ROM activities which the resident/patient and Hospice aide have been taught by the Hospice Nurse.
4) Assists with light housekeeping of individual's personal unit or room, including changing of bed linen, if needed and patient laundry.
5) Feeds and assists with meals.
6) Obtains temperature, pulse and respirations as supervised by the Hospice Nurse.
7) Reports any changes in resident's/patient's condition to the Hospice Nurse and, if in a facility, to the facility nurse and documents the information on the Home Health Aide Certification of House form, including the date and time of the report and the person receiving the information.
8) Assists or reminds the patient to take medication, in compliance with regulations of appropriate regulatory and accrediting bodies
Salary & Benefits:
Starting salary is $13 per hour. Other benefits include: Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance, Mileage Reimbursement ($0.445 per mile), paid time off, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and paid training.
How To Apply:
E-mail your resume to Andrew.Schwemer@carealt.com, fax your resume to 800-485-8321, or visit our website at www.carealt.com. If you have any other questions or would like more information please contact our Recruiter, Drew Schwemer, at 866-809-4554.