The Food Service Director oversees and directs the unit and ensures that Valley's vision, goals and objectives are met based on client and contractual obligations. The Food Service Director ensures that quality nutritional food is provided to all customers and that professional standards are met and maintained in the unit.
A High School Diploma and three (3) years of experience in food service management required. Must have computer experience using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), including internet and electronic mail systems required. Experience in menu development, catering, and production management preferred. Knowledge of merchandizing techniques and “special events” within a food service setting preferred. ServSafe certification required. A College degree in food services management, business, or related field is preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
The position functions and duties described below may not be the only requirements of the position. It may be necessary to follow other instructions or perform other related duties required by Valley Services, Inc.
- Oversees and directs the account financial and non-financial objectives, the procurement, production, and service of food to all customers
- Meets targeted profit objective (CFO’s) by controlling food, supply, and labor costs and maximizes sales potential through aggressive marketing and/or promotions
- Analyzes financial data and operational statistics to ensures all required weekly financial reports are sent to corporate by established deadlines
- Manages all unit personnel
- Establish unit specific goals which meets with client expectations and communicates goals regularly with client(s) to assess and discuss progress of financial and non-financial goals and objectives as well as reporting to District Manager the progress
- Monitors inventory and places orders utilizing quantities on hand
- Completes an assessment and performs training with kitchen personnel in sanitation practices and establish cleaning schedules and other sanitary controls as required by the county and or state health department and Valley policy
- Assists with maintaining the highest ration on health inspections and corrects an deficiencies
Competencies:(The following competencies describe the knowledge, skills, abilities and attributes that lead to a successful employee in this position.)
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills to communicate with all educational levels, including employees, vendors, clients and customers
- Must have the ability to make judgments concerning the interpretation of policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to assist with sales projects and proposals
- Must have the ability to handle complaints at numerous levels
- Must have the ability to direct and control management activities of others to meet goals and objectives
- Must have the ability to mentor, coach and train employees
- Must have a strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel for reports and analysis
- Must have a strong knowledge of expense management, financial planning, and strategic planning
- Must have knowledge of patient food service and diet office processes and modified diet types