Search for a school in your area to further your education and expertise.
Search our job profile database to find the career of your dreams.
Search our database of over 15,000 job postings.
|Job Title:|| |
|Job Ref:|| |
|Job Type:|| |
|Region | Metro Area:|| |
Illinois - Chicago & Surrounding Areas
|Post Code:|| |
|Contact Name:|| |
|Post Date:|| |
The Schaumburg branch of Masuda Funai seeks a Legal Secretary to assist attorneys in all aspects of immigration matters, including document assembly, file management, and preparing letters and supporting documents.
1. Proactively anticipate the needs of the attorneys and/or legal assistants to provide high-level of support.
2. Type correspondence and other written materials for attorneys, and/or legal assistants, including letters, memos, forms, and meeting agendas/notes from dictation or written copy. Proof-read/read for logic on documents prepared or edited before final.
3. Schedule internal and external meetings and conference calls.
4. Provide administrative support for the above to include electronic timekeeping, travel and meeting arrangements, copier projects (including overhead preparation), organization, timely entries and maintenance of contacts in InterAction database and maintenance of files.
5. Assist in the management of their schedules and handle e-mails from both internal and external sources.
6. Provide appropriate and timely status reports on outstanding tasks if not able to complete on the same day of assignment.
7. Back-up for overflow and to reception as needed.
Requirements/Qualifications: Must have minimum 1 year of previous law firm experience or equivalent. Must be proficient in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel; able to type 85+wpm; excellent business writing, editing, proofreading skills, spelling and grammar; strong organization and prioritization skills; degree or paralegal certificate preferred.
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please include salary history with application. No phone calls or agencies, please. EOE
To apply for this job you need a free candidate account, click here for info.