Search for a school in your area to further your education and expertise.
Search our job profile database to find the career of your dreams.
Search our database of over 15,000 job postings.
|Job Title:|| |
|Job Ref:|| |
|Job Type:|| |
|Region | Metro Area:|| |
|Post Date:|| |
At RightScale, the Sales Engineer is responsible for providing the technical leadership throughout the sales process. This is a highly dynamic, customer-facing, and hands-on role where you’ll have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on RightScale’s overall sales and delivery strategy.
Sales Engineers provide transaction and onboarding support, as well as training, communication and documentation to assist the sales process. Additionally, our Sales Engineers routinely architect solutions for both demonstration purposes and customer success engineering engagements both pre- and post-sale and have the opportunity to speak on RightScale’s behalf at public facing events such as webinars and tradeshows. As such, they must have excellent communication skills to clearly communicate their technical knowledge.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Provide pre-sales technical support for sales team and sales process via telephone, e-mail, webinars and face-to-face communication.
· Assist customer with determining the best solution and present the capabilities of RightScale’s technology, support and value.
· Engaged in customer success engineering directly on the RightScale platform in pre- and post-sale scenarios.
· Screen customer technology to determine compatibility with RightScale’s products.
· Communicate customer technical requirements to Services group for installation.
· Create training and reference documents and modules for sales staff.
· Develop, document, train and maintain demonstration scenarios, accounts and data and sales documentation for customers and sales staff.
· Attend classes, seminars, webinars, trade shows, conferences and user groups to maintain technical knowledge, learn new methods and technology, and develop professional skills.
· Develop, lead and participate in webinars for RightScale media library and customer meetings.
· Coordinate with Services and Engineering on trends and requirements identified via sales process to learn about, understand the value proposition and advantage of new product features and enhancements.
· Travel up to 25% of the time.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
· Contribute to the knowledgebase, Wiki and other RightScale resources to help build the best customer experience.
· Work closely with the team to ensure that all company and personal goals are met or exceeded.
· Highly technical and analytical with minimum 5+ years implementation or equivalent technical experience
· Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Softlayer or other IaaS cloud service provider is strongly desired.
· Experience working with full application stacks from OS up through custom applications.
· Some programming / scripting experience (PHP, Java, Perl, Ruby, and/or C#).
· BS/BA is required; technical background in CS or MIS is strongly preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to vet and propose cloud computing architectures and strategies.
· Comfortable presenting over phone, in person and through web conference.
All candidates are expected to possess the following skill set:
· Self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys success
· Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills
· Ability to work with internal and external resources
· Dedication to individual development, challenging teamwork, and new technology
· Flexibility in a dynamically growing/evolving company
To apply for this job you need a free candidate account, click here for info.