|Job Title: || |
|Job Ref: || |
|Employer: || ||Category: || |
Restaurant / Food Service
|Job Type: || |
|Region | Metro Area: || |
Minnesota - Twin Cities
|City: || |
|Address: || |
|Salary: || |
|Contact Name: || |
|Contact Phone: || |
|Fax: || |
|Post Date: || |
Distribution | Minneapolis, MN 55411
Indrotec needs Warehouse Specialists for a contract-to-hire position working in the Minneapolis Public School kitchens. You will oversee distribution, delivery and receipt of food, supplies and materials; maintains the warehouse for the District, including food and supplies for the Child Nutrition Programs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receives and processes food supplies and materials for refrigerated warehouse serving the Food Service Department (FSD) Nutrition Center central kitchen facility.
- Works independently, and assures that all safety rules, regulations and policies are observed; performs duties within scope of authority and training, and in compliance with MPS policies
- Receives frozen, refrigerated and dry goods according to food safety standards and established receiving guidelines; provides accurate receiving data to the Inventory Coordinator.
- Inspects and verifies accuracy and condition of all materials received against appropriate paperwork; verifies accuracy of materials pulled from inventory.
- Utilizes basic inventory control procedures to manage warehouse supplies, and store goods in the designated areas of the freezer, coolers and warehouse.
- Strategically stages products to assure efficient delivery to production and distribution work areas.
- Operates powered fork lift, and moves material according to work order and material requisition form; assists with loading and unloading of delivery trucks.
- Maintains tidiness and cleanliness in the warehouse; stacks and stores materials in designated areas.
- Monitors work site to assure that safety rules and regulations are adhered to, and that the work zone and all equipment are in safe operating condition.
- Utilizes proper safety precautions in all work performed; cleans up spills and unsafe conditions in a timely manner and according to procedures.
- Recognizes, avoids, and reports unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with students, clients, visitors, and MPS staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, records and MPS information.
- At times may be required to work outside normal business hours and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
- One year of warehouse or shipping and receiving experience, preferably in a commercial food service setting
- Pass an extensive criminal background check
- Pass all assessments
- A high school diploma or GED
- Demonstrated, steady work history
- Minnesota State Driver’s License.
- Fork lift operator license.
- FIFO procedures for food storage and selection.
- Move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Apply today on Indrotec's Online ApplicationIf you would prefer to speak directly to an Indrotec Staffing Consultant, please call us at 612.977.1401
Post Date: 08.31.2012Salary: Contact for RateShift: 1st
If you have the job skills, a proven work history, and want to work at some of Minnesota’s most recognizable companies, Indrotec is the right choice for you. We offer a unique employee benefits plan and job training programs to those who qualify. When you apply for work, there are no registration fees, and you will be guided through the application and screening process by one of our friendly and helpful staffing representatives.