Are you ready to explore new challenges?
At Marriott we can make it happen – with opportunities for building new skills, co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experience for growth and promotion. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott.
The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, located at 501 Fifth Avenue is currently hiring for a BANQUET CHEF
Responsibilities include: JOB SUMMARY
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the banquet food preparation staff and managing all food related catering functions. Accountable for coordinating menus, purchasing, scheduling, food preparation and plating for catering events. The individual is responsible for delivering a consistent, high quality product with an appetizing presentation. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
· Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
· Attends daily Banquet Event meetings to review culinary requirements.
· Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
· Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
· Ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
· Estimates daily Banquet Event Order production needs.
· Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
· Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
· Manages BEO process including menu development, pricing, tracking and ordering.
· Manages food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
· Plans food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
· Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
· Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
· Supports procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
Managing Culinary Teams
· Communicates production needs to key personnel.
· Communicates regularly with associates to ensure performance expectations are clear.
· Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Ensures and maintains the productivity level of associates.
· Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
· Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
· Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
· Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
· Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
· Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
· Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
· Supervises and manages associates. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
· Supervises banquet kitchen shift operations.
· Utilizes an "open door" policy to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
· Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
· Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
· Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
· Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
· Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
· Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
· Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
· Conducts training when appropriate.
· Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
· Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
· Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation support the Peer Review Process.
· Participates in training staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
· Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
· Trains associates in safety procedures.
· Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartment).
· Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Begin your journey: www.marriott.com/careers
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the "Apply Now". Then under "Management Positions Worldwide", enter Job Opening number “Req. 12000YN6" . The job is listed as “Banquet Chef". If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Marriott is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by Working Mother, DiversityInc., and LatinaStyle magazine among others. FORTUNE magazine recognized Marriott as one of its “100 Best Companies to Work For”, for the twelfth consecutive year.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.