Search for a school in your area to further your education and expertise.
Search our job profile database to find the career of your dreams.
Search our database of over 15,000 job postings.
|Job Title:|| |
F&B Operations Manager (HtlOps) - Renaissance Hotels (12001739)
|Job Ref:|| |
Restaurant / Food Service
|Job Type:|| |
|Region | Metro Area:|| |
Texas - Houston
|Post Code:|| |
|Post Date:|| |
Are you ready to explore new challenges?
At Marriott we can make it happen – with opportunities for building new skills, co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experience for growth and promotion. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott.
The Renaissance Houston Greenway Plaza Hotel, located at Houston, TX, 77046 is currently hiring for a F&B OPERATIONS MANAGER (HTLOPS)
Responsibilities include: Responsible for supervising food and beverage daily operations. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Ensures standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
· Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
· Supervises daily F&B shift operation and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
· Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
· Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
· Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
· Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
· Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
· Ensures all team members/ supervisors understand the brand specific philosophy.
· Assists supervisors in understanding team members ever changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
· Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
· Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
· Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (including General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
· Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
· Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and passion for providing service.
· Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
· Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
· Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
· Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
· Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
· Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
· Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction result with employees.
· Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
· Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
· Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Performs hourly job function if necessary.
· Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
· Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
Begin your journey: www.marriott.com/careers
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the "Apply Now". Then under "Management Positions Worldwide", enter Job Opening number “12001739”. The job is listed as “F&B Operations Manager (HtlOps)". If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Marriott is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by Working Mother, DiversityInc., and LatinaStyle magazine among others. FORTUNE magazine recognized Marriott as one of its “100 Best Companies to Work For”, for the twelfth consecutive year.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job you need a free candidate account, click here for info.