Search for a school in your area to further your education and expertise.
Search our job profile database to find the career of your dreams.
Search our database of over 15,000 job postings.
|Job Title:|| |
Assistant General Manager- Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill (12001CKM)
|Job Ref:|| |
|Job Type:|| |
|Region | Metro Area:|| |
|Post Code:|| |
|Contact Name:|| |
|Post Date:|| |
Are you ready to explore new challenges?
At Marriott we can make it happen – with opportunities for building new skills, co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experience for growth and promotion. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott.
The Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill, located at 6412 Backlick Road is currently hiring for a ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Responsible for supporting all aspects of the operation including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment. Assists the General Manager in leading the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in the sales process.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
Assisting the Operational and Financial Management of the Property
· Ensures that all brand standards are being maintained in each area of the property.
· Ensures all team members meet or exceed all brand requirements.
· Oversees the operation of the all property departments.
· Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
· Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
· Maintains current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.
· Provides a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA/MSDS.
· Oversees all finance and accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, payroll and ordering procedures, end of period, banking procedures and PAF's.
· Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
· Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
· Performs required annual Quality audit with GM and RD.
Supporting the Management and Development of Departmental Teams
· Stays readily available/approachable for all employees.
· Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
· Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
· Assists/teaches team managers scheduling (using Scheduling Tool) against guest and hours/occupied room goals. Makes sure that staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations.
· Sets clear performance expectations with the General Manager.
· Assists team supervisors with constructive coaching and counseling.
· Solicits feedback for continuous improvement.
Managing the Guest Experience
· Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
· Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
· Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
· Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
· Assists employees in understanding guests ever-changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
· Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
· Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
· Ensures property hiring practices comply with I-9, ADA and EEO requirements and strives for a culturally diverse work place.
Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
Begin your journey: www.marriott.com/careers
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the "Apply Now". Then under "Management Positions Worldwide", enter Job Opening number “12001CKM". The job is listed as “Assistant General Manager". If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Marriott is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by Working Mother, DiversityInc., and LatinaStyle magazine among others. FORTUNE magazine recognized Marriott as one of its “100 Best Companies to Work For”, for the twelfth consecutive year.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job you need a free candidate account, click here for info.