Better Brands, Inc. is a family owned and operated wholesale distributor of quality beer and non-alcoholic products with its origin dating back to 1965. We have enjoyed great success through our dynamic portfolio of products and creating a culture built on the foundation of a winning team of employees. The core values of hard work and customer focus have resulted in us not only being the best beverage distribution operation in the local Myrtle Beach area, but one of the best in the country.
We are looking for Seasonal Merchandisers to join our winning team of employees on our Grocery team to be primarily responsible for maintaining sales calls on assigned relief and merchandising accounts. The job duties and responsibilities of the Seasonal Merchandiser are, but not limited to the following:
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Minimize product out of stock at the relief route accounts
• Immediately notify Hybrid Sales Rep or manager of product out of stock at assigned merchandising accounts
• Assist driver/salesman or bulk driver and merchandising in accounts specified by the manager
• Maintain proper product rotation per A-B and company standards in both relief and merchandising accounts
• Sell in promotional price reduction on relief route
• Ensure all adequate bridge buy ins for accounts that will hold promotional pricing
• Aggressively participate in sales incentives and special programs
• Stock, merchandise, rotate, and face product on display cold box, cooler, hot shelf, and back room for both relief and assigned merchandising accounts
• Monitor and adhere to proper driving for each account
• Use and maintain only pre-printed price and reminder materials
• Execute all special pricing and reminder programs for theme P.O.S.
• Maintain back room stock space, appearance, rotation, breakage, etc.
• Maintain accurate account records in route book for relief route
• Repack and replace damaged product on relief route or assigned merchandising accounts
• Monitor condition and placement of paper or permanent P.O.S.
• Communicate all key competitive activity to management
• Properly use and be accountable for all assigned equipment
• Maintain properly clean truck-cab and trailer with products rotated on truck
• Adhere to company uniform and grooming policies
• Project positive image
• Follow all company, operational and administrative procedures
• Perform all other duties as required by management
Requirements and Qualifications
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines
• High School Degree, diploma, or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
• Must have a clean driving record
• Valid drivers’ license and personal auto insurance
• Reliable vehicle as merchandisers are responsible for driving their own personal vehicles on route
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and climb stairs and into truck. The employee frequently is required to lift, push and move up to 50lbs. The employee is occasionally required to reach, sit and use handle eye coordination.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and works primarily inside in Grocery stores in various climate conditions.