Project Manager - Petaluma, CA
The Project Manager role involves managing, directing and overseeing all aspects of the Distribution and/or Transmission line project. This role is responsible for managing company resources and subcontractors, ensuring safety programs are implemented, scheduled timelines and budgets are met, work is undertaken in a quality manner consistent with contract documents and establishing and maintaining professional relationships with the project team and customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage project scheduling, logistics, quality control, subcontractors and project staffing levels;
• Recommend cost saving strategies when appropriate;
• Initiate and participate in discussions and meetings with subcontractors, vendors, customers and management;
• Schedules work, tracks work progression, crew logs, and identifies scheduling constraints and how they impact cost;
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients, general contractors, vendors and suppliers;
• Serve as primary point of contact with client regarding coordination, strategic planning, scope management, design issues, budget finances, subcontracting, etc.;
• Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establish project control systems and implement project execution plans;
• Work with the project team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction;
• Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts and any issues requiring home office support;
• Cultivate and promote positive working relationships with internal management team, site supervisors and subcontractors and other contractors on site;
• Resolve operational issues and implement interventions to minimize delays and escalate to management as needed;
• Controls project costs, invoices daily and maintains and track payables and receivables for projects;
• Manage the overall site safety program;
• Manage compliance with the approved contract documents;
• Change Order management;
• Other duties may be assigned consistent with job description.
• Highly organized, fast learner and able to follow instructions;
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to take-on additional short and mid-term responsibilities;
• Highly knowledgeable of Distribution and Transmission line maintenance and construction means and methods;
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Valid Driver’s License is required, as this position requires driving and site visits;
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CREDENTIALS
• Relevant University Degree or Technologist Diploma (Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering or Construction Management) coupled with 5 plus years of industry related experience; or
• Journeyman Lineman Trade Qualification coupled with 10 plus years of industry related experience;
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or professional experience equivalency considered an asset;
• High Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite, and computer based scheduling and tracking software such as Primavera P6, MS Project an asset;
• Experience leading and managing a team of 25 plus employees;
• Previous work experience in the Transmission and Distribution Utility Industry an asset;
• Previous work experience on 69kV to 500kV transmission lines an asset;
• Previous work experience in a unionized environment an asset;
• Experience leading and managing construction projects.
• Fast-paced, tight deadlines and high work volume;
• Extended work hours per day and work shifts as project requirements dictate.
ROKSTAD STRATEGIC INTENT
We are an innovative and progressive family-orientated business that excels in providing safe, reliable Transmission and Distribution services for its valued clients across North America.
Rokstad offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which will be commensurate with experience and education. If you are looking for an exciting career with a fast growing, progressive company while participating in the build out of Canada's electric power Infrastructure, please email your resume to email@example.com or fax 1-888-310-8831. Please include the job title in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.