Beer Sales Representative
Better Brands, Inc. is a family owned and operated wholesale distributor of quality beer and non-alcoholic products with its origin dating back to 1965. We have enjoyed great success through our dynamic portfolio of products and creating a culture built on the foundation of a winning team of employees. The core values of hard work and customer focus have resulted in us not only being the best beverage distribution operation in the local Myrtle Beach area, but one of the best in the country.
We are seeking a motivated Sales Representative to join our winning team of employees on our Off-Premise team.
The Sales Representative (Off-Premise) is responsible for the sales and marketing of all brands package and draft with an emphasis on the brands out lines in Hand Selling. The employee in this position must become knowledgeable in all areas of the territory, and communicate effectively to corresponding team members. In addition, ensuring timely scheduling and aggressive merchandising of all Better Brands portfolio of products and promotions in Off-Premise accounts for merchandising product in assigned accounts and maintain proper product rotations as per suppliers and Better Brands standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Sales Representative include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with off-premise clients and retailers
• Communicate with customer to maximize sales and distribution of product offerings
• Manage the growth of draft and packaged products in off-premise accounts
• Market products by displaying or demonstrating product using sample and sell in brochures highlighting salable features
• Plans and supervises promotional activities for assigned accounts; sell new brands while focus on core brands
• Carry out promotions appropriately merchandised and them P.O.S
• Assist in maintaining proper rotation (first in first out policy) and keep-up appearance of all products in designated account area.
• Collaborate with Team Lead and Channel Manager to ensure satisfaction and success of planned promotions
• Monitor retail pricing to reduce completive promotional advantages
• Manage customer relationship by informing customers of any products and future pricing variations, resolve customer complaints and listen to suggestions
• Focus on achieving all assigned sales goals (i.e. quotas, volume, distribution, promotions, weekly and monthly objectives
• Reports and completes weekly and monthly paperwork related to assigned accounts
• Other duties as assigned from time to time by management as business conditions warrant
Requirements and Qualifications
• High school diploma required
• 1-3 years sales related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; wholesale beverage experience preferred
• Basic or intermediate knowledge of wholesale beer and ale industry concepts
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to consistently report to work and to client meeting in a timely fashion
• Ability to effectively practice safe driving and proper lifting techniques
• Ability to interface effectively with other department, customers and vendors
• Ability to behave in a manner which will display loyalty to Better Brands
• Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite