Assistant Distribution Manager
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Experience Required||5-7 Years|
CORT is a Berkshire Hathaway Company that has been in business since 1971. We are one of the country's leading service providers to businesses and individuals in transition. CORT is the world's leading provider of furniture rental, tradeshow and event furnishings, and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the U.S. and in the UK. As an organization, CORT's greatest assets are
the more than 2,000 employees working nationwide.
Today, CORT has more than 100 showrooms, clearance centers and distribution facilities across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and a Global Network of partners servicing more than 70 countries around the world.
CORT is the nation's leading provider of transition services, helping millions of individuals and more than 80 percent of Fortune 500 companies with their event and relocation needs making a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
Coordinates & directs the warehouse/distribution operations in addition to retail operations to ensure they are contributing to the day
to day functions and to the overall success of the District and CORT. These activities will either be performed personally or through subordinate supervisors.
* Manages the control, condition, and security of inventory
* Inspects physical condition of warehouse and furniture.
* Responsible for proper staging, loading and unloading of furniture. Assures proper preparation of furniture for shipment through assembly;
* Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions
* Provides and determines status of furniture whether retail or rental based on condition and age.
* Manages the scheduling, routing, and control of all trucking activity
* Responsible for truck leasing, maintenance, and safety as well as related record keeping functions, i.e. annual MVR check of drivers, monthly safety reports.
* Ensures that safety standards are adhered to in all areas of the warehouse. Provides necessary safety education, including OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, monthly safety meetings, videos etc.
* Responsible for insuring accurate and timely cycle counts, as well as other procedural operations to account for inventory, i.e. accurate paperwork, appropriate driver notes, etc.
* Provides management reports as necessary;
* Purchases (as relates to the activities of department,) budgets, and manages to the Budget.
* Responsible for ensuring that retail sales best practices are being adhered to.
* Oversees daily operations of clearance center(s).
* Works with retail staff to improve sales and clearance center appearance.
* 4 year college degree with 5 + years related industry experience or 7- 10 years related industry experience without a degree;
* Ability to self-direct and work independently;
* Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen;
* Must have local state driver's license and safe driving record;
* Must have reliable transportation
* Ability to speak, read and write English
* Required regularly to stand, walk, and talk or hear. Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently required to walk and climb or balance. Occasionally required to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/bb9kmgws7y2ws76s